TETA Accreditation: Unit Standards 12484.
Perform basic firefighting.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
- The skills, values and knowledge reflected in this unit standard are required by people in the field of manufacturing and engineering.
- The learning outcomes in this unit standard also contribute to the exit level outcomes required for various manufacturing and engineering qualifications.
- Qualifying learners can select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to extinguish or control fires in the workplace.
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
- This unit standard has been designed as part of a progression. It is one of a series of unit standards for safety, health and environmental protection in the field of manufacturing and engineering.
- Identifying Different Types of Fires.
- Understand, Explain and Practice Fire Prevention.
- Operate Fire Fighting Equipment and Perform Basic Fire Fighting Procedures.
- Fire Fighters Attitude.
- Fire Equipment Inspection.
- Regulations Guide for fire exit signs and other fire safety signs.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- The Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996.
- OSHA Fire Extinguisher Requirements.