CETA Accreditation: Unit Standards 263205.
Inspect access scaffolding.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The qualifying learner will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to inspect access scaffolding for compliance with the South African National Standards (SANS) 10085. This unit standard will serve, in conjunction with related unit standards, to develop the qualifying learner to function as a scaffold inspector.
THE QUALIFYING LEARNER WILL BE CAPABLE OF:
- Demonstrating an understanding of different types of access scaffolding, applications and compliance.
- Explaining the role and responsibilities of the inspector.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, client requirements and other specifications.
- Inspecting and handing over access scaffolding.
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Erect, use and dismantle access scaffolding at NQF Level 3.