CETA Accreditation: Unit Standards 263224.
Inspect access scaffolding.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
The qualifying learner will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to control and organise scaffold teams to set up, erect and dismantle all types of access scaffolding. This supervisor of access scaffolding operations will be able to read and interpret drawings, liaise with the client, plan all activities and co-ordinate all required resources. This unit standard will serve, in conjunction with related unit standards, to develop the qualifying learner to function as a scaffold supervisor of access scaffold teams.
THE QUALIFYING LEARNER WILL BE CAPABLE OF:
- Demonstrating an understanding of different types of access scaffolding, applications and compliance.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, requirements and specifications.
- Planning resources for erecting, using and dismantling access scaffolding.
- Assessing site risks and accessibility.
- Supervising the erection and modification of access scaffolding.
- Supervising dismantling and site clearance procedures.
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 3.
- Erect, use and dismantle access scaffolding at NQF Level 3.